- 1 medium cauliflower
- ¾ cup refined flour (maida)
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 5 to 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green capsicum, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1½ teaspoons vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon aji-no-moto (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Roasted sesame seeds,
- for garnish
- Coriander leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Cut the cauliflower into big florets.
- Make a smooth batter by mixing the flour, corn flour, red chilli powder and salt with water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Dip the florets in the batter one at a time and deep-fry them.
- In another pan, heat some oil, add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and stir-fry them. Add salt and stir again.
- Add the onions and capsicum and allow them to cook for a minute. Add the aji-no-moto (if using), soya sauce, vinegar, sugar, chilli sauce and tomato sauce and mix well.
- Now add the fried cauliflower florets to the sauce and toss well. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped coriander and serve hot.
ACTIVITY: Veggie Delight
Create a new recipe using your favourite vegetable or plant-based product.