- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup salted butter at room temperature
- ⅓ cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅛ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar for rolling
- Grind the walnuts in a blender or food processor to get a coarse flour consistency.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and mix. Add the ground walnuts and stir to get a soft, sticky dough.
- Use a cookie scoop to form 10 to 12 equalsized portions of the dough. Place them 1-inch apart on a silicone mat lined baking tray or a greased tray because they will flatten and spread a little in the oven.
- Chill for 30 minutes; this will ensure the cookies retain their shape.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes until the bottoms have flattened a little bit and the tops and edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Spread the sifted, powdered sugar out onto a large, flat plate and roll the still-hot cookies in it, coating them all over.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then roll one more time and serve.
Warning: Ask a parent or adult to help with these recipes.
ACTIVITY: Cookie Dreams
Draw a picture of your dream Christmas cookie.