- ½ cup almonds, soaked
- 1 cup milk
- 3 to 4 strands kesar (saffron)
- ½ teaspoon cardamon powder
- 2 tablespoons raisins, soaked
- 2 whole-wheat bread slices
- ½ teaspoon pistachios
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- De-skin the soaked almonds and grind them into a fine paste.
- Sauté the almond paste in ghee for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk to the almond paste and then reduce it on a low flame till it is thick.
- Mix the kesar in 1 tablespoon of the hot milk and mix it into the reduced mixture along with the cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Make a paste of the raisins and mix it into the milk. Give it a quick stir and take it off the flame. The rabri thickens as it cools down.
- Toast the bread slices and then cut them into small squares. Put the badam rabri on each square and spread it. Garnish each piece with pistachios and serve.