- ½ cup bajra grains, soaked overnight
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup carrot, chopped
- ¼ cup green peas
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon kitchen king masala
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- Add the soaked bajra to a mixer and make a coarse paste. Keep it aside.
- To a pressure cooker, add some oil and heat it. When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Next, sauté the onions and then add the ginger paste and cook.
- Now, add the chopped carrots, peas and tomatoes.
- Cook on a slow flame for a few minutes and add salt, cumin powder and the bajra paste.
- Mix well and cook on a slow flame for a few minutes. Add 1 to 1½ cups water and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Once the pressure is released, open the lid and add the kitchen king masala. Cook for 30 seconds till it bubbles up. Adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- Turn off the flame, add the lemon juice and chopped coriander and serve hot.
ACTIVITY: Millet Power
Name any 5 millets and their common name.
Example: Pearl millet or bajra