- 1 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons jaggery
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix the ghee and salt with the cashews and bake them at 180˚C for 15 minutes. Let them cool.
- In a pan, add the jaggery and tamarind paste with 3 tablespoons of water and heat it.
- Mix it as it bubbles up and when it is a thick sauce, add the cashews to it. Once all the cashews are well coated, take them out on butter paper. Space them out so they don’t stick to each other.
- Sprinkle some black pepper on them when they are still hot.
- Serve once cool or store in a refrigerator in an airtight container.
ACTIVITY: Know What You Eat!
Recognise the ingredients and tick the right column.