- 350 grams boiled potatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon amchur powder
- ¼ teaspoon chaat masala
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup sevai or vermicelli, roasted and crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- Oil to deep fry
For the batter:
- ½ cup refined flour (maida)
- 5 tablespoons water
- ½ tablespoon black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the ginger and cook for a minute.
- Add the boiled potatoes, green chillies, salt and all the masalas and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add the coriander leaves, cornflour and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and shape it into a cutlet. Do the same for the rest of the mix.
- In a bowl, add the flour, water and black pepper powder and make the batter; its consistency should be like dosa batter.
- Heat the oil in a vessel, dip the cutlets into the batter, roll them in the crushed vermicelli and fry them in hot oil.
- Your potato vermicelli cutlets are ready to serve. Serve with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Sweeny Dias from MumbaiFoodScenes is an active Instagram blogger. She is on a sojourn to explore the culinary world as a Mumbaikar and tells her followers what makes it to the final cut. MumbaiFoodScenes guarantees instant food cravings—from humble eateries to fine-dining luxuries, she covers it all. Follow her on Instagram @mumbaifoodscenes.