- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon each mustard seeds and cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a blender, coarsely grind the fresh sweet corn kernels. Traditionally, the corn was grated directly off the cob instead of grinding the kernels.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the mustard and cumin seeds.
- Once they splutter, add the ginger and chilli and mix well.
- Add the grated or ground sweet corn and salt and mix everything well.
- Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes till the water from the corn has evaporated.
- Now add the milk and stir well.
- Close the lid and let it simmer. Stir it every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off when the oil starts separating. This takes about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Mayura Sidharth is a nutritionist, health coach and founder of The Tiny Tiffins. The Tiny Tiffins is a venture that aims to inculcate healthy eating habits in kids. The Tiny Tiffins prepares customised meal and tiffin plans for kids and also provides counselling for parents about eating issues in children. You can reach her on Instagram and Facebook @thetinytiffins