- 1 cup brown chickpeas (kala chana), soaked overnight
- 1 medium-sized potato, boiled and chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- To make the chana chaat, soak the chana overnight. Drain it on the next day.
- Pressure cook the chana with enough water for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Take the boiled chana in a bowl. Add the chopped potato, green chilli, onion, tomato, chilli powder, garam masala, chaat masala and black salt.
- Mix well.
- Just before serving, add the lemon juice and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve the chana chaat warm.
Shilpi Sharma is a homemaker and a food blogger by passion. Her recipe videos are easy to recreate and can be cooked with ingredients that are easily available at home. She primarily focuses on Indian cuisine. You can follow her on Instagram @myexperiencediaries