- 1 cup finely grated lauki
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon saffron
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 4 almonds, sliced
- 10 raisins
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- In a wok, heat the ghee and add the lauki. Sauté for 5 minutes till it looks done.
- Add the milk and keep mixing it as it boils and reduces. Then add the condensed milk.
- Take a tablespoon of hot milk and add the saffron to it. Mix this into the boiling kheer.
- Once the milk has reduced, add the cardamom powder and pour the kheer into a serving dish.
- Garnish with nuts and raisins and refrigerate for a few hours. Serve it chilled.
REFLECTION: Gourds Are Good!
Name 5 vegetables from the gourd family.