- 2 raw bananas
- 3 tablespoons semolina (suji or rawa)
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Wash the raw bananas and then peel them with a peeler.
- Cut the bananas lengthwise into slices and soak them in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the slices, pat dry and sprinkle them with turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Evenly coat all the slices with the spices.
- In a plate, place the semolina and rice flour and mix them well. Coat the banana slices with the flour mix one by one and place them on a hot and well-oiled frying pan.
- Shallow-fry them on both sides until they are crisp and well cooked.
- Serve with dal and rice.
Mayura Sidharth is a nutritionist, health coach and founder of The Tiny Tiffins. The Tiny Tiffins is a venture that aims to inculcate healthy eating habits in kids. You can reach her on Instagram and Facebook @thetinytiffins