- 1 cup sattu
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chillies
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a bowl, add the sattu, salt, cumin powder, chaat masala, coriander and water and make a lump-free mix.
- Heat a pan and add 1 teaspoon of oil to it. Sauté the cumin seeds, garlic, chillies and onions for a minute.
- Add the sattu mix to it and cook on a medium flame, stirring constantly till the water evaporates and it becomes like a dough.
- Put the dough on a platform and knead it with light hands as it cools down.
- Add the lemon juice and check for seasoning. Wet your hands with a little water and make small tikkis.
- Heat a frying pan, smear it with some oil and cook the tikkis evenly on both sides.
- Once they are done, serve them hot with your favourite chutney
ACTIVITY: Recipe Time
Create a sweet or savoury recipe using sattu.