- 1 cup sattu
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chillies
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a bowl, add the sattu, salt, cumin powder, chaat masala, coriander and water and make a lump-free mix.
- Heat a pan and add 1 teaspoon of oil to it. Sauté the cumin seeds, garlic, chillies and onions for a minute.
- Add the sattu mix to it and cook on a medium flame, stirring constantly till the water evaporates and it becomes like a dough.
- Put the dough on a platform and knead it with light hands as it cools down.
- Add the lemon juice and check for seasoning. Wet your hands with a little water and make small tikkis.
- Heat a frying pan, smear it with some oil and cook the tikkis evenly on both sides.
- Once they are done, serve them hot with your favourite chutney
Rakshita Dwivedi is an entrepreneur who runs Recipe Dabba, which empowers kids with healthy food choices and uses cooking as a gender agnostic life skill. She has won many awards including the Orange Flower Award, Women Disruptors Award, Homepreneur Award and Web Wonder Women awarded by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. For more recipes, follow her on Instagram @recipe_dabba
ACTIVITY: Recipe Time
Create a sweet or savoury recipe using sattu.