- ½ cup grated or powdered jaggery
- ¾ cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup refined flour (maida)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- In a bowl, place the butter and add the jaggery powder. Mix till they are well combined.
- Add the flours, sesame seed powder and baking powder and mix well.
- Add milk as needed to make the dough.
- Roll the dough out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut cookies of your desired size and shape.
- Cover a baking tray with butter paper and place the cookies on it. Make sure to keep 1-finger distance between each cookie.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the cookies.
- Refrigerate them for 10 minutes before baking.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes at 180˚C.
- Let them cool down on a cooling rack. Serve immediately or store them in an airtight container.
Rakshita Dwivedi is an entrepreneur who runs Recipe Dabba, which empowers kids with healthy food choices and uses cooking as a gender agnostic life skill. She has won many awards including the Orange Flower Award, Women Disruptors Award, Homepreneur Award and Web Wonder Women awarded by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. For more recipes, follow her on Instagram @recipe_dabba