- 20 basil leaves
- 1½ cups steamed rice
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 cup spring onion greens, chopped
- 1 spring onion white, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¼ cup French beans, sliced
- ¼ cup carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce or purée
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat the oil and sauté the garlic in it. Add the spring onion whites and vegetables and toss them on a low flame.
- Now add 3 to 4 basil leaves, black pepper, garam masala and the boiled chickpeas.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add some more basil leaves and 2 tablespoons of spring onion greens along with the salt and tomato purée.
- Cover this with steamed rice and top it with the remaining green onions and basil leaves. Sprinkle some more black pepper and cover it. Cook on a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes to let the rice soak in all the basil aroma.
- Once you take it off the flame, gradually mix everything and serve hot.
ACTIVITY: What Are They?
Do some research online to answer the following.
Example: Beetroot: root; Parsley: herb