- 15 almonds
- ½ cup besan
- ½ cup jowar flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup ghee
- ¾ cup unrefined sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- Place the almonds in the mixer and grind them to a coarse consistency.
- Next, preheat your oven to 180˚C and start working on the dough.
- In a bowl, add the besan and jowar flour, baking soda and salt and mix.
- In a separate deep bowl, add the ghee and sugar and with the help of a spatula or a whisker, mix these till they are light brown or off-white in colour. The sugar needs to start melting and mix with the ghee. A fluffy mix will ensure crisper cookies.
- Add the flour one spoon at a time to the ghee mixture and keep mixing it in one direction only.
- Once it becomes dry, add more milk and more flour mix.
- Once all the dry mix is added, use your hands to gently bring the dough together. Do not knead it; just make one big lump.
- Now you can either cool this dough in a refrigerator for 30 minutes before you bake the cookies or roll it out. Cut it into desired shapes and place the cookies in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. If using a micro cum convection oven, flip the cookies and bake for another 5 minutes. For an OTG, increase your baking time to 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies sit in the oven for 10 minutes and then place them on a wire rack to cool down. They will turn crisp as they cool down. Store them in an airtight container.