- 15 almonds
- ½ cup besan
- ½ cup jowar flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup ghee
- ¾ cup unrefined sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- Place the almonds in the mixer and grind them to a coarse consistency.
- Next, preheat your oven to 180˚C and start working on the dough.
- In a bowl, add the besan and jowar flour, baking soda and salt and mix.
- In a separate deep bowl, add the ghee and sugar and with the help of a spatula or a whisker, mix these till they are light brown or off-white in colour. The sugar needs to start melting and mix with the ghee. A fluffy mix will ensure crisper cookies.
- Add the flour one spoon at a time to the ghee mixture and keep mixing it in one direction only.
- Once it becomes dry, add more milk and more flour mix.
- Once all the dry mix is added, use your hands to gently bring the dough together. Do not knead it; just make one big lump.
- Now you can either cool this dough in a refrigerator for 30 minutes before you bake the cookies or roll it out. Cut it into desired shapes and place the cookies in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. If using a micro cum convection oven, flip the cookies and bake for another 5 minutes. For an OTG, increase your baking time to 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies sit in the oven for 10 minutes and then place them on a wire rack to cool down. They will turn crisp as they cool down. Store them in an airtight container.
Rakshita Dwivedi is an entrepreneur who runs Recipe Dabba, which empowers kids with healthy food choices and uses cooking as a gender agnostic life skill. She has won many awards including the Orange Flower Award, Women Disruptors Award, Homepreneur Award and Web Wonder Women awarded by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. For more recipes, follow her on Instagram @recipe_dabba